Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Jumpin On The Band Wagon!!


After two years of  reading some great thrifty decorating blogs I decided to give it a whirl.  Anywhoo here we go... I've been super busy lately redoing furniture and making pillows.  I always like seeing something that I've gotten at a junk store or flea market and making it look fresh.  Living in Oklahoma we have tons of junk stores and flea markets so there is always something to refinish or spruce up.

  
Perfect example I paid two dollars for this beauty at a thrift store and with a little elbow grease, paint and burlap she's b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!!!!  I forgot to take a before pix, next time for sure.  Anywhoo my first post is short but sweet.  This blog thing is a little confusing I'll have to take baby steps. Thanks so much for reading!!

7 comments:

  1. I love anything with burlap. Great job! You should definitely show us more of what you've done. Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chair is beautiful! You did a great job. I love the burlap. I'd love to see some of your pillows! I'm just working on starting a blog, too, and am confused. I think you did a fantastic job. I look forward to seeing more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is furniture perfection~ well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an Okie too!! Lived in OKC all my life :) Where abouts are you?!
    What are your fave junky stores to go to?
    I love, love the chair! How did you do the back of it (the print with the bee)? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in Owasso Oklahoma. I have several stores that I go to from small towns to larger ones. In the city I love the Rink. I screen printed the design on the chair. Im glad you guy the chair it makes me feel so good!!!

    ReplyDelete