Friday, October 29, 2010

Sweetness In A Jar!!

Last night I decided I would make something homemade for a few of our friends for the Halloween holiday!  I'm sure you all have seen these cupcakes in a jar.  I had seen some red velvet ones on a blog somewhere (sorry I can't remember who it was) so I decided I would make black velvet ones.



I wanted mine to have more of a fall look so I dug around in the craft room and found some sage green ribbon and Paula Deen gift tags that I got on clearance, left over bamboo forks from Emily's wedding to dressed it up.  These are super easy to make.  I used a red velvet recipe that I have but you could use a cake mix to simplify.   I think carrot cake ones would be cute for fall also.  It takes two cupcakes for a small jar and I put about an inch of frosting in between the cupcakes then top with frosting.



Yummy ... all I did to make it black velvet instead of red was use black icing tint.  I tinted my frosting orange also.


 Aren't they precious??  I'm so glad I bought these tags I think they add the perfect touch!!!
Linking to:
Simply Designing

8 comments:

  1. That's cute and so is the tablecloth with bees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a REALLY cute idea...and I had not seen it anywhere before. What can I say? I lead a sheltered life! lol Great idea and fun to give...even more fun to get and eat! Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sooo cute! Happy Halloween.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just dropping by to tell you I linked you on my blog today! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cupcake jar! I'm a big ol' Paula Deen fan, too. And, thank you for your sweet note about my mudroom makeover. I'd love to see your leopard bathroom! Take care, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute I'm sure it was appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there ... thanks so much for your comment on my Christmas mantel from last year! I *seriously* won't be doing what I did last year ... you're right, a LOT of work (but fun work, for sure)! Thanks again and have a great day, *Becca*

    ReplyDelete