Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Snow Go Away!!!

I usually love to putter around in my home but when I can't get out that's a different story.  Our little town received a whopping 21 inches of snow!!! So that means I'm trapped and I'm getting cabin fever.   I think I have gained 10 lbs since I've been stuck in here.  There is plenty of things that I could do but for some reason all I want to do is eat, watch movies and read blogs!!

This use to be my flowerbed.

This doesn't look inviting.

My sweet Belle doesn't like it either!!


Enough snow talk lets look at some pretties!!! Recently I went to visit my daughter in the City we went to some of the little places we like to go.  I really didn't buy anything which is really weird for me but at our last stop ( TJMaxx )  I found this little french wire terrarium and I loved it.  When I took it up to the register my daughter got in front of me and paid for it for coming to visit her.  What a sweet girl I'll be visiting her more often HA HA.




I love it on my buffet I think I'm going to make some moss balls and put inside of it, I think that will make it pop.  I also think I'm going to recover this lamp in burlap or muslin.  What do you'll think?  I love toile but I think it's out of style or is it?  I found it in a flea market about 10 years ago and I still love it.  Do you think I over accessorized my buffet?   Sometimes I think I do but I just love so many things it's hard to stop.


Curtain Questions.....



Thrift Store Plates with Vinyl Monogram

I'm also thinkin about making me some new kitchen curtains.  I made these a couple of years ago I love them but I also have been loving the white and burlap ones.  I thought about making some white ones with a burlap ruffle then painting french writing on them but I keep going back and forth wondering if they will blend with my wall color.  So what do you all think?  Don't hold back I value your opinions.





6 comments:

  1. I like the ones you have and think the ones you're going to make will be pretty too. Too many choices are worst than none.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay in, keep warm, and play with your new pretties. I think it must be dangerous to venture out in that snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I have to tell you that I don't think toille is ever really OUT of style...but that's just me. I love it..have always loved it...will probably love it forever.

    I like your curtains but I think the other ones would be cute too. I like the idea of the writing on them. The ones you have now look very nice with your wall color...but I think the some made out of drop cloths and burlap would be great too. Geez...don't you hate to make choices?>) I do! Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pretty's are beautiful. Good job!! Stay warm and I hope it melts for you soon so you can get out. I agree with Ricki, if you don't have to venture out, stick it out where you are save. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen curtains are great! I do understand about making something and not loving it though. I have some in my kitchen that really need to go.

    The vinyl monogram on the plate is awesome! Where did you find that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW, I am a teacher here in Edmond. We are busily making up all of those snow days now. It was fun at the time though.

    ReplyDelete