Monday, February 7, 2011

Someone Please Call Weight Watchers!!

I desperately need an intervention.  I don't know why but when the ground is white I think I have to eat everything in sight.  When it's cold and snowy I say to my self " Hey self doesn't cookies sound really good right now" (I talk to myself alot lately since I'm trapped in this house!!)  then I start trying to figure out what kind I want to make.  If you have an addiction isn't the first step admitting it?  Well heck ya I have an addiction,  to sweets in cold weather and lots of them.  I don't care what kind of sweets, pies, cakes, cookies, even peanut butter on Ritz Crackers it's all the same to me and my sweet tooth.  When and if I ever do get out of this house I'm going to a Weight Watchers meeting with my head held in shame.  I swear I've probably gained 10 pounds since the Blizzard of 2011 ( that's what I like to call it sounds more dramatic). 
I have already started making promises to myself that when this weather gets better I'm going to start walking again.  Ugh I hate to exercise.  I have always been on a diet and I hate it.  I live my life always fighting the battle.

Well with that said here's what I made today.  Ha Ha  I swear this is it! Slap my hands if I tell you I'm making something else.

Yummy Cake Cookies

This are super easy cake cookies with cream cheese frosting.  I use to make these all the time when my kiddos were little.  They are super easy and they don't take many ingredients to make.   When I was a young mom they were the perfect cookie for me to bake.


Ingredients:

  • 1 package cake mix, any flavor
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup oil

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Remove 3 tablespoons from the cake mix and set aside.
Add eggs and oil to cake mix and combine until smooth. If mix is too wet, add more dry mix. Drop in one inch balls on ungreased cookie sheet or baking pan.
Bake for approximately 7 minutes or until slightly browned, being careful not to overcook.

I use the canned cream cheese frosting since I'm doing it the easy way.  Then put frosting in a decorating tube that I bought years ago from Pampered Chef to put the frosting on with next top with sprinkles. 



Cute and yummy that's what I'm talkin about!!!  Well after a couple of these I swear I'm goin cold turkey... or at least I'm going to try.
Linking to:
Debbie Doos Newbie Party

8 comments:

  1. Pink. COOKIES!!!! They are pretty. I bet they taste great, too! I know what you mean. I have gained two pounds since my surgery because I could not exercise, and I starved myself (well...a little) during the holidays, and I still gained!!!! Meh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so sympathise with you!!! Before I moved here to the south coast island I lived in eastern Canada and I know what it is like to be house bound, not able to walk (cause you might freeze to death) and craving comfort food like crazy!!!
    It doesn't help that you make such yummy looking cookies lol !!!
    What I found I did alot too was watch cooking with Paula Dean!!!
    Spring is around the corner and you can walk it off in no time!!
    Pamela :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh- I hear you~ I am a baker too and I love to bake when it is cold and crummy outside. I have never made cookies out of a cake mix before. WHAT are you thinking putting that recipe out there for all of us "quick fix bake it" addicts? Does the saying Misery Loves Company mean ANYTHING to you?;>) lol Thanks- I will probably be trying these tonight-seriously...lol Hugs-Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you! If it makes you feel any better, I just polished of a box (yes an entire box) of Little Debbie Heart Cakes. Somehow telling someone about this makes me feel better. I might need to attend the weight watchers meeting with you, especially after the 6-12" they're predicting for OK tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make the same cookies, but in chocolate. Then I smear the cream cheese frosting in between 2 cookies! Talk about needing Weight Watchers!!! :) I found you on Debbiedoo's.

    Melanie
    youmadethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and me both sista...sitting here is not helping the cause at all!!~ Oh those look good. Thanks for joining in....XO have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi...I found you at Debbie's and am following you now. The cookies look fun and easy...by the way...I have awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award. Check out my post tomorrow, Feb. 10th for details. Nice meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard of these cookies. I have 4 kids and we love to bake cookies. These look super easy and yummy. Will definitely have to try these out!

    ReplyDelete